viernes, julio 27, 2007

Step 5: Talk to retailers

Last week you contacted lightbulb manufactures. Good job and thanks! But manufactures are only half of the lightbulb sales equation. Stores are the other half. Talk to your local lightbulb seller. Thank them for selling Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFLs), and ask them to take the energy wasting bulbs off their shelves.

Less than 10 percent of the energy used by incandescent lightbulbs is converted into light - the rest is turned into heat. Over 90 percent waste! It's like selling a defective product.

Click here for talking points and a printable fact sheet.

p.s. It's important for us to hear what retailers are telling people, so please report back afterwards. Thanks.

miércoles, julio 18, 2007

Step 4: Tell companies to stop making inefficient lightbulbs

Greenpeace will deliver a compiled petition (names, not email addresses) with your individual comment to the world's biggest lightbulb companies. Your support for our demands will help pressure Philips, Osram, GE and SLI Sylvania to act now.

Sign the petition!

jueves, julio 05, 2007

Step 3: Post "Ban this bulb (I did)" in the window, on the internet.

Step 3 of the energy efficiency campaign is all about spreading the word where you live. This can be your home, where you work, or where you spend time online.

Click here for posters, web graphics and instructions.

The idea is to spark the energy revolution in the minds of people beyond your immediate family and friends. You know there's a planetary emergency, but a lot of people still haven't caught on. Raise the alarm! And show them there are real solutions.

Home front activism: Remember the free poster from step 1? The easiest way to complete this task is to put that poster somewhere people can see it - like in the window of your house.

Online activism: Put one of our banners on your blog, MySpace page, Facebook profile, in your email signature, or wherever. We've got lots of different sizes.

Download the tools and read tips.